Friday, April 10, 2009

"First" Post

In the past, I've vowed to keep a journal when I travel. But apart from a few anticipatory airplanes reflections and perfunctory blog posts, my written records have been few. Having spent two months in Jordan and written next to nothing, I realize that I've fallen into the same trap. Now, anticipating nearly four more months abroad, I realize I have to return with more than just photographs. Although I promise photos here too, I diverge from a popular metaphor and assert that language rivals the lens. My writings will principally concern the Middle East, beginning with Jordan and will (in sha' Allah) progress to other countries.

As my blog title suggests, I aim to convey reflections--not an iternary. If nothing happens worth typing, it is certainly not worth reading. So apart from my mother, I doubt anyone will show concern if I opt not to write for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment